Thursday 2 June 2011

Summer Bunting

Welcome and a good morning to you all.
I hope that you are well and that the prospect of a beautiful, sunny day fills you with the joys of Spring, or should that be Summer now?  Which ever way I thought I would bring you a very easy pattern for knitted summer bunting which I found on the Knitting Parlour website.  The pictures show the beginnings of mine.  I have been knitting this on and on for a couple of months and intend to hang it round my wool stall.
You will need -
Small amounts of Double Knit yarn in as many colours as you like.
A pair of 4mm knitting needles
A large eyed needle for finishing off.

This project is knitted in plain knit rows i.e., garter stitch.

Instructions -
Cast on 30 stitches and working in garter stitch (every row knit) knit 3 rows.
Knit 2 together at the beginning and end of the next and every following 4th row until 2 stitches remain.
On these last 2 stitches knit 3 rows.  Knit 2 together.
Knit the last stitch twice more.  Cast off.  Sew in the ends.

To string the bunting -
Using 3 or 4 lengths of the yarn held together, thread a large sewing needle.  Using a large running stitch thread the triangles on to the yarn and space evenly.  Alternatively you could sew ribbon or ric-rac across the top of each triangle leaving an even gap in between.
I hope that this pattern has inspired you to have a go.  I think this pretty bunting would look lovely hung round a room for a childrens party or in the garden.  You could even get a group together to all knit them for the church fete etc.  The possibilities are endless.  Let me know where you hang your bunting.
Happy Knitting. Paula x

No comments:

Post a Comment