Tuesday 14 June 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf

Good morning folks.
I woke up this morning in a completely different frame of mind.  You know the usual feelings that greet you when you just want to stay in bed that little bit longer and you can't.  Well that wasn't how I felt today.  Perhaps the beautiful weather outside had something to do with it, who knows. 
I have been thinking lately of ways to improve my life and I had a bit of a turning point on Sunday after watching Eat, Pray, Love which stars Julia Roberts who travels the world trying to find herself.
I am constantly striving to find the thing that I feel is missing in my life and as yet I haven't found it.  It helps I think when you know what you're looking for but so far that particular detail has alluded me.
Anyway after the film had finished I had the strange inclination to re-arrange the furniture in the lounge.  This is definitely not something I would ever dream of doing as it is too much like hard work, however I did it and the room has took on an amazing transformation.  It is obviously less cluttered as I whisked all the excess baggage upstairs and striped everything back to bare.  I then just left the ornaments that I liked and which meant something to me.  I removed the pictures from the walls and replaced them with pictures that I particularly liked.  One thing that probably won't go down well is that I removed the picture of my son on his graduation day.  However I plan to replace it with a less formal more fun picture of him where he looks more relaxed.  The overall feeling of the room has changed.  The sofa is against the wall and Steve's Banjo is now in full view where it belongs.
I strongly recommend this form of therapy it has done me the power of good and I intend working my way through the house clearing everything that doesn't make me feel happy.
I am also in the process of reinventing myself.  For a long time I haven't been happy with the way I look or feel so that is about to change.  I am finally ready to turn over a new leaf and I will let you know what progress I make.  Wish to me luck, love Paula x
P.S. Above is a picture of a glass of flowers picked from my garden back in May 2010.  That must have been the last time I picked up my paint brushes.  Well that has got to change too! x

No comments:

Post a Comment