Monday 23 May 2011

New Baby

Doesn't time fly.  It doesn't seem two minutes since I was holding my niece at her christening and now out of the blue we have received the news that she will be having her own baby girl in approximately seventeen weeks or there abouts.  She has only just found out herself as she didn't have any of the usual symptoms.  That must be great.  I was never sick with my son Joe but I felt decidedly queasy which wasn't much fun.  I was six weeks pregnant when we went on a bus trip to Yugoslavia as it was known then.  I have never eaten so many rich tea biscuits as they were the only thing that seemed to settle my tummy. The journey took thirty one hours and was the longest thirty one hours of my life.
It's quite frustrating really as I have just been asked to knit a couple of baby cardigans for a lady who has a stall at Worksop next door but one to mine.  That means no knitting girlie things for the time being.  Never mind there's plenty of time.
Anyway back to the photographs I promised from our day out yesterday.  You may have noticed that the blog I posted has been slightly modified.  I was getting my self in a tizzy last night because things were going all wonky so in the end I gave up and posted it as it was.  I wasn't happy with the layout though so I have been back in to it today, added another picture and have tweaked it slightly.
Above is a picture taken of the Ashby canal.  If you walk down the path from Shackerstone station it arrives at the canal where you can see this bend to the left and the moored boats to the right.  We have had several boat holidays with the Ashby boat company, the last being in April when we celebrated out fourteenth wedding anniversary.  We find boating holidays so very relaxing and the pace of life slows down to a crawl.  Fantastic.



OK well that's all for today.  I am enjoying talking to you all so much and would love to hear from you if you would like to leave a comment.  I seem to be receiving lots of viewers which is absolutely amazing.  I didn't expect that anyone would find me on such a vast network but it just goes to show that there are lots of like minded lovely people out there.  Please keep visiting. Best wishes Paula x

No comments:

Post a Comment