Sunday 8 May 2011

Simon Mayor

Hello All
Let me apologise firstly for not being in touch for so long.  This week has flown by.
On Friday evening me and hubby Steve went to see Simon Mayor and the Mandolinquents in Beverley.  They are a group of four including Hilary James who is the vocalist.  Her voice is beautiful.  I suppose they major in classical music but hit on folk and jazz too.  The evening was very enjoyable with lots of laughs thrown in too.  I would recommend to everyone to go and see them if you get the chance.
The closing song called Spider in the Shed is hilarious.
The Mandolinquents were joined by the Beverley Community Choir who were marvellous in their own right.  They sang a Scottish folk song which reduced me to tears it was so moving.
Yesterday was a day spent on my wool stall in Worksop.  It was another successful day.  Each week sees more customers and the people I have met have all been lovely and very supportive.
Can I say a big thank you to Rojer a gentlemen who left a comment wishing me luck with my stall.  It was great to know that someone had taken the time to leave me a message and it was really appreciated.
Today was spent visiting an exhibition held at the Triton Gallery at Sledmere House in East Yorkshire.
The exhibition was named Form and comprised of art and textiles created by a group of artists, Joan Currie who is a friend of mine, Gill Dearman, Jacqui Riding and Rebekah Staples.
Their work was displayed in three rooms in the gallery and showed a number of different types of art using fabric, threads, felt, paint and one of my favourites, machine embroidery.  The work was awe inspiring and although we couldn't quite afford one of the big pieces we did buy a sweet little machine embroidered picture of the little house with the title Home Sweet Home.  I will show it to you when I get the right light to take a photograph.  We also bought lots of cards showing pictures of our favourite pieces so we have something to remember them by.
The picture above is of the little courtyard outside the restaurant.  The food there was excellent and the homemade cakes to die for.  Not too expensive either which makes a refreshing change.
Anyhow you now know what we have been up to.  Will blog soon. 
Paula x

No comments:

Post a Comment