Wednesday 11 May 2011

My New Project

Good morning.  It doesn't look that great from my window but it's early doors and it might just brighten up.
Yesterday I had a run out to a lovely little craft shop in Ollerton, called Heaths Stores, which is about a twenty minute drive from Retford.  I have this visit down to a fine art now as I go in my lunch hour, so with the drive there and back I get exactly twenty minutes to dash round the shop picking up the things that I obviously just couldn't live without.  Forty nine pounds lighter I then make the quick dash back to work.

Here are a selection of the fat quarters (18 - 20 inch squares of fabric) I couldn't resist.  I don't know what I will use them for yet but that hardly matters. The one on the right of the picture will the lining in a patchwork bag I am currently working on.  Following my visit to the art exhibition last Sunday I realised I lacked colour in my life.  I mean bright colour as my taste usually leans towards the typical paler pretty hues.  The fabrics above are certainly brighter than usual but I don't think I'm quite there yet.
Have a great day.
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment