Monday 9 May 2011

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Hi again.

I was thinking quite carefully about what to blog about today.  I had a very restless night last night.  Not for any particular reason but even so it left me alittle frazzled today with not a great deal of get up and go.  All I could think of was getting home to a good meal and a long restful night.  However I couldn't rest knowing that you just might have been checking to see if I had posted anything today.  I am extremely conscious that my blogs don't really contain anything particularly profound and I am also determined not to make this a place where I let off steam about my upsets and grumbles.  My blog has to be a place to escape to, where all is well with the world. And so what was my blog to be about today?  Well all I could think about was scrummy chocolate cupcakes.  I don't know about you but I love to bake and when I find a recipe I like which works well and tastes delicious I have to share it with the world so here it is.  The best cupcake recipe in the world, probably.  Certainly in my humble opinion anyway.



For the sponge

3oz butter or margarine
10oz caster sugar
7oz self raising flour
1.5oz cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
Quarter teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
8.5 fluid oz milk
Chocolate and marshmallows to decorate

Heat oven to Gas mark 5(375 degrees F) and put paper cases in cupcake tins.
Using a hand held electric whisk mix together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder with the butter and sugar until the mixture is free of lumps.  Alternatively rub the ingredients together my hand like making pastry.
Mix eggs and milk together in a bowl or jug and add half the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix slowly and then add the rest and mix until smooth.
Spoon the mixture in to the cases filling two thirds of the way up and cook in the oven for approximately 18 - 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Allow cupcakes to cool and spread with melted chocolate topping each cake with a generous helping of marshmallows.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment