Thursday 4 April 2013

One step closer to Self Sufficiency

We nipped out for lunch to our local garden centre yesterday.
We needed a few things including some Spring plants for the front border and whilst there spotted a walk in green house at a very reasonable price.
We had discussed buying a proper one and having a base built etc. but the expense out weighed the benefits.  This one ticks all the boxes and will last a few years if I look after it.
I couldn't wait to get started.  These are my Sweet peas and normal peas.
I pricked out some Chili plants.
I also took Monty Don's advice and bought a pot of tiny Petunia plugs.  These should have been £3.99 but a couple had died back so they had been reduced to £1.50.  Hopefully they will grow in to large strong plants ready to put in the garden in June.
I spent several hours in the garden yesterday.  The sun was quite warm and it was just perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment