Tuesday 1 January 2013

The First Day of a New Year

I have loved today.  It has been so peaceful and has been a time for reflection, looking back on the year that has past and making resolutions to try harder in the year to come.
Christmas day and yes I am still in my pyjamas
We have been decorating our bedroom and tomorrow I will be visiting Meadowhall to buy Cath Kidston wallpaper.  The last time I went there must be about three years ago.  I can't help loving the Cath Kidston designs.The beautiful colours and flowery patterns are irresistible.  Steve has allowed me to choose what I want and has agreed to roses and birds.  He is totally happy to sleep in a room surrounded by flowers and only flinched slightly at the £25.00 per roll price tag. There are alternatives but I know I will still love her patterns years down the line so why compromise?
We definitely should have been out in that sunshine
Last night I had a go at making Macarons or Macaroons if you prefer.
The recipe was from the Book of British Baking and was extremely easy.
They weren't perfect but they tasted delicious.  They needed a little bit longer in to oven and were just a bit too tacky.  If they had had maybe five more minutes they wouldn't have sunk in the middle.
The mix only made three macarons altogether so I probably made them too big!
One of my new years resolutions is to carve out more time to do the things I love to do.  That is crafting and baking.  I have started as I mean to go on.  I have a birthday card and some handmade soap to show you when I get some daylight to take photos in.
Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of the holidays.



No comments:

Post a Comment