Wednesday 25 January 2012

Stressful Times

I was listening to the radio today and they announced that statistics show that we are on our way back in to recession.  Don't you think that this just creates the excuse the country needs to actually do just that?  Why don't they tell us something positive for a change?
How about the fact that Spring is on the way.  The nights are definitely getting lighter. I love spring and I just adore it when the clocks change and it is still light when I drive home at night.
This time of year is my busiest with regard to work and it has got to be my most stressful.  I work too hard, I sleep too little and a second before I have a nervous breakdown it suddenly gets better and I breath a sigh and thank God.  That day came today.  My desk still looks like a file graveyard but it isn't groaning under the weight of them so much now.  I'm not out of the woods yet but there is a glint of light at the end of the tunnel.
I booked a week off today.  I'm having a break mid February and I cannot wait.  I have a trade fair to go to and we're going to tag a short break in Stratford on to the trip.  We had our honeymoon in Stratford so it is a very special place for us.
Oh yes I am also arranging a Knit and Natter group too.  That should be finalised next week providing that the venue is up to scratch.  I can't view the room until next week as it is being revamped which is a good sign.  I'll keep you all posted.  I'm very excited.
Currently the knitting is all over the place.  I have three baby cardigans on the go.  All for different people but due to the level of difficulty I find it helpful to have different projects for different times of the day.  I am also doing things for the quilting class I go to.
Tomorrow is the annual quiz night where I work so no quilting group for me this week.  I am in a team of four ladies and one fella and our unfortunate team name is Four Hens and a Cock.  Very rude but it has caused a few giggles.
Well off I go now.  Steve is on holiday this week so I am having my evening meals made for me.  It makes a nice change for it to be me who sits doing nothing when I get in from work.  Ahh heaven x

1 comment:

  1. Very nice to hear you've booked a week off and that Steve will you wait on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete