Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year

I can't believe that it's the 2nd January 2012 already.  Happy New Year to you all and I hope you have had a great time.  Not the worse for wear at all.  I intend to get cleaned up once things are back to normal and will be returning to Weight Watchers before too long.
Was Santa good to you?  I do hope so. I was very happy with my lot and in particular this.


This was a present from Joe and Heather.  I have never had any makeup quite so special.  It is absolutely gorgeous and looks just as lovely on as it does in the packaging.  It's a highlighter/blusher and gives skin a real glow.  It's amazing.  The only thing is I now have the urge to buy all new make-up including brushes and can see this new found passion rendering me bankrupt.
Heather has told me about lots of You Tube videos which show a novice like me how to apply makeup like the experts and I now realise just how far behind the times I really am.  I'm loving re-learning the basics and feel so much more confident.  Funny how a bit of eye shadow can work wonders for your self esteem.
Another present I love is this little silver charm bracelet from my husband.
Unfortunately on Christmas Day Steve managed to buy me a gold necklace and ear-rings set that I already had so we popped back to the jewellers to change it and this was what I got instead.  The gingerbread man I chose because I liked it and I like baking.  The other is a pair of scissors because I am a hairdresser (in my spare time). I'm really glad he made the mistake because I don't think he would have known to pick this for me so it all worked out well in the end.
Just before I go I thought I would let you see my little niece Mya.  She is the most beautiful little baby who was not such a happy bunny on her last visit.  She did cut her first tooth on Christmas Day though so we now realise why she was making such a fuss.
Have a great day and I'll speak to you soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment