Sunday 15 January 2012

Knit and Natter and Autumn Leaves Quilt

It's getting to be a bit of a habit this Sunday morning blog session.  It just seems to fit in nicely with my routine.
Yesterday was a great day at the stall.  Very busy.  My friend Catherine came to see me.  We are in the process of organising a Knit and Natter group which is very exciting.  It will be in Worksop and I should be able to tell you more in the next few days.  We both agree that this seems to be the next natural step forward so watch this space.
Last Wednesday was the St Peter's Mothers Union Festive Lunch.  Yes I know Christmas is well and truly over but we always have our Christmas lunch in January.  We had outside caterers who came to the hall and cooked and served the food.  It was lovely.  This is my Mum who is always well turned out sporting the latest in Christmas Cracker hats.
Thursday was quilting night and here is a selection of sample quilting techniques which we will be attempting this term.  I struggle to keep up with the others so don't be surprised if I don't get to the stage of show casing my own examples.

My teacher Helen is amazing.  She has made all these herself and they look even more vibrant in real life. The quilt is in pieces at the moment.


I love going to this class and even if I don't get round to doing all the different types of applique in person I will still get the tuition and if in the future I do get more time I will be able to put this new found knowledge to good use.


In the meantime I can dream of being skilled enough to achieve such master pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment