Sunday 25 September 2011

Babworth Needlework Exhibition

Good Evening.
Before I tell you about today's excursion here is yet another cardigan which I have just finished and sold to a lady called Claire.  It was actually ordered four weeks ago and after a very dedicated effort I finally got it done in time for the deadline.
I must apologise for the back ground which happens to be my stall.  I totally forgot to photograph it and so in a bit of a panic I laid it down and hoped for the best.
Now on with the details of our little trip to Babworth today.

This is Babworth church where a marvellous array of needlework crafts were displayed.  There were so many special pieces some of which were obviously antiques and treasured things which had been kept for many years.
My friend Lyz who's father is the church warden there had brought a collection of embroidered cloths which had been worked by her mother and had been left to her when her mother died.  Her mum is buried in the church grave yard.

After a good look round we bought some home grown carrots, parsnips and apples together with a great armful of Harris Tweed skirt lengths and large pieces of lovely cotton fabrics.  To top it all off we had a steaming cup of tea with homemade cheese scones and cakes.  The refreshments were £2.50 for the lot.  How unbelievable is that.  What a fantastic afternoon.
Must go now as Downton Abbey has just started.  Bye for now. Paula x

No comments:

Post a Comment