Sunday 10 March 2013

Romantic Films

When I was off recently I had the pleasure of some well earned spare time and for once rather than running around like a headless chicken trying to do far more than is humanly possible I decided to sit down and watch some wonderful romantic DVDs.
I wanted to share these with you as they were all amazing in their different ways. 
Nights in Rodanthe I think was my favourite, not because of Richard Gere particularly all though he was pretty gorgeous but because of the setting of the film.  The house where they stay is on a wind swept beach and is decorated beautifully with such vibrant colour.  It was just mouth watering.
Mr Deeds goes to Town and Father's Little Dividend are lovely old fashioned wholesome films with proper movie stars and How to Make an American Quilt brings together a group of ladies all making a quilt at a sewing group and explores each ones life and why they are the people they are today.  What has shaped their personalities and lives and is quite a feel good film without being too sugary sweet.
The films were all bought at the works for only a couple of pounds each and brought me hours of enjoyment.  Please let me know if you have seen any of these or have any recommendations for the next time I have a couple of hours to spare.
Have a lovely Mother's Day if you are celebrating and if not have a lovely Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment