Sunday 17 March 2013

Comic Relief Baking Competition

Hello everyone.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I have just spent the last hour and a half tidying our wardrobe and bedroom and have now climbed back in to bed to drink a well earned coffee and to write to all you lovely people.
The office where I work Monday to Thursday decided to hold a baking competition in aid of Comic Relief this Friday and as I am always up for a challenge I decided to enter.
The Awards
There were four categories.  Celebration cakes, cupcakes, buns and muffins, savoury and biscuits.  The champagne was the prize for the celebration cake section and after the judging had taken place there was a silent auction for these.  These cakes weren't tasted so they had to look good.
My entry was a simple Victoria sandwich with jam and cream, covered in fondant icing and decorated with daisies and pretty orange ribbon.
The winner of the Celebration Cake Category
Unfortunately I was pipped at the post by this absolutely amazing bunny cake.  I knew as soon as I walked in to the room that I was beaten by this beauty.  Never mind.











As you can see the competition was stiff.  We were all amazed at just how many people had made the effort and everything looked delicious.
Success did come my way however.
My Entry
I was absolutely delighted when I learnt that I had won the Cupcake category with my cute little flower blossom buns.  Everyone loved them and I was very proud.
I wasn't there to pick up my prize but I have a little trophy and the Paul Hollywood baking book waiting for me when I get back to work.
The Chocolate Raffle

There was also a chocolate themed raffle.  I didn't win anything in that. We also had a bake sale and a  sweep stake on the Cheltenham Gold Cup horse race which I don't think I won either.
I don't know how much we raised for Comic Relief yet but it was great to get involved and I'm sure everyone enjoyed the day. Roll on next year when I have to defend my title.


1 comment: