Friday 8 March 2013

Baking and Bags

As you know I love the domestic side of life, home making, cooking, knitting, sewing and everything in between and over the last few days I've managed to fit a few of my favourite things in to my busy life.
For some reason I don't have much luck when it comes to making scones, so when I come across a new recipe I can't resist having a go in the hope that this will prove to be the mother of all scone recipes.  This particular one wasn't all that exciting but they were very nice and all got eatten.
From the same blog I also found this Lemon and Almond Tart.  Now this was worth shouting about and when I don't have hubby pestering me to get out of bed I will publish this for you all to try.  I used an orange instead of lemon simply because I didn't want to go to the shops but it was still delicious. I don't know if it was supposed to but the orange turned in to a thin layer of orange curd between the pastry and the almond sponge which was delicious.
 I also made this little bag. A woman on one of the market stalls in Worksop asked if I would be willing to make her some bags to go with a new range of children's clothes she will be launching shortly.
 In anticipation I decided to start designing one so that I could at least get a head of the game and have an idea of how long these things would take me and therefore the costing involved.
It's surprising just how long one bag takes what with the initial crocheting then the sewing up and then the little extra details that bring it all together.
I'm not sure if this is exactly what she wants but I enjoyed making it and I'm sure some little girl would love to own it.


1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet little bag.
    The scones look very good :)

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete