Tuesday 19 February 2013

York

I know my posts seem to be a bit hit and miss at the moment.  I'm off sick today so whilst I sit on the settee feeling very sorry for myself I thought I'd do something constructive.  I'm drinking nettle tea to try and clear my system a little.  I hear it's good for the water works and also for arthritis.  It would be wonderful if it eased my aching back.
Oh before I forget, the detox diet lasted 36 hours.  It was so hard.  I did lose 4 pounds though so it definitely works.
Last Friday we decided to take advantage of the lovely weather we've been having and took ourselves off the York.
York Minster
It's a great place to visit with so much to see.
We visited the Quilt Museum which was lovely although £6.60 each seemed rather steep. The quilts were beautiful but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any photographs.
We did a bit of window shopping.  Can you believe it.  I didn't buy a thing.
Steve wanted to go to the York Museum which was very interesting.  We love history and this had lots of Roman finds from in and around York.  There was also a short film which explained the long history of the city.
York also has it's own Eye just like London.
We're hoping to go back again soon to visit the Minster.
Ok the tablets are wearing off.  Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment