Friday 8 February 2013

My New Leaf

What joy.  Finally my brain and body are in agreement that something needs to be done and as a result I start a new detox diet today as well as attend my gym MOT meeting and if that's not enough I'm at the Doctors this afternoon to sort out a couple of niggling health issues.  Wow.
I joined the Nuffield gym last week but as yet haven't been.  That was because I didn't have a swimming costume.  Well that's a lie.  I don't have a costume that I can fit into, but I do now.
I'm rather excited although I am also nervous because no doubt my gym person will be half my age and half my size.  Wouldn't it be nice if they tailored the staff to the customers, at least that way we wouldn't feel so intimidated.  Does anyone else feel this way or am I just feeling alittle insecure?
Oh that reminds me.  I watched the first episode of The Spa last night on Sky.  It was brilliant and very funny. 
Talking of detoxing.  My friend at work has just done a week on the GM Diet and has lost 18 pounds.  I repeat 18 pounds! Can you believe it? It is a man and I know they always lose weight easier but even so.
Anyway I thought I'd have a go.  It doesn't seem that difficult but I will have to make a couple of adjustments to it.  I'm aiming for half a stone which I think is much more realistic.  Wish me luck and lets hope I don't give in to any yummy cakes.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to this new part of your life. I know that you will do great!

    ReplyDelete