Tuesday 6 November 2012

Kruger Brothers Concert - 2012

As a finale to our Autumn break we went off to the Eagle Music Banjo Festival which is held every year near Huddersfield.
Eagle Music has to be one of the best music shops ever and is the worlds biggest seller of Deering Banjos which just happens to be the make of banjo hubby owns.  He has another lesser banjo too for some reason which escapes me.

We arrived about 1.30pm and had a wander round but we were there particularly to see the Kruger Brothers who were on stage at 2.30pm to do one of their famous banjo workshops.  These are excellent for banjo players but I found it very interesting now that I have a better knowledge of music.  You might remember that I started to play the violin back in February and am loving every minute of it. It is the only instrument I can truly say that I have enjoyed learning to play.  My piano lessons still leave me in a cold sweat when I think about them.
The highlight of the afternoon was an opportunity for Steve to play alongside a host of other banjo players with the famous Kruger Brothers.  It was great and I was very proud of him.  He is quite shy so to stand up in front of an audience and play was a really big thing for him. I recorded the whole thing but the file seems to be taking forever so I don't think I'll bother adding it to my blog.
The evening concert consisted of a couple of bands.
The Kentucky Cow Tippers who were a group of four young people.  They were great and it was lovely to watch them having a great time.  They were a bit Mumford & Sons ish and wrote a lot of their own material.  Steve loved them and bought their CD.

And the Down County Boys were were a band that had started back in 1964.  They were brilliant and the singing was beautiful.
Obviously the best bit was the Kruger Brothers who came on last and played until 11.30pm.
What a fantastic night.









No comments:

Post a Comment