Thursday 13 October 2011

So Much Fabric So Little Time

Just in case you were worrying about how I manage to spend my hard earned cash I thought I'd let you see.  Aren't these the most wonderful fabrics? I know, the photo leaves a lot to be desired and if I get some lovely sunshiny light sometime soon I will try again, but beggars can't be choosers and you sometimes just have to make the most of what God gives you.  Anyway I bought these at Heath's Country Store in Ollerton, Nr Retford and I love them all dearly.  Three are Christmas designs chosen for their small patterns and they are poised to become little foundation pieced Christmas hangings.  The tiny house print will perhaps become the back or lining of something (you guessed it I just liked it, no plans as yet) and the pure one I liked because I like gentle, authentic themes, if you know what I mean.
My week has been a mixed bag with the funeral of my Uncle kicking the week off.  As you can imagine this was a very sad affair especially for my Mum who has took his passing particularly hard.  Walt was actually my Mums cousin but we always called him Uncle.  My Mum is very 'old school' and anyone who we didn't call Mr or Mrs seemed to be Auntie or Uncle.  Uncle Walt will be sadly missed.
Since the funeral I have been under the weather what with a touch of tummy trouble (I won't expand on that) and then a migraine (I can now officially call my bad heads Migraine after being diagnosed by my Doctor) I haven't done half of what I had planned for this week.
I opted out of going to the Mothers Union last night and my quilting class tonight.  I just don't feel like doing anything that involves any effort right now.
I'm having my hair cut tomorrow night.  Doesn't it come round quick? I am changing hairdressers yet again in the quest of a good one.  Wish me luck.  Then on Monday I am going to Specsavers for an eye test.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have a brand new image and perhaps a new lease of life.  Here's hoping.
Bye for now Paula x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely fabrics and I know just the shop you are talking about as I used to love to go there.
    I feel quite homesick thinking about it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete