Thursday 6 June 2013

Springwatch in the Garden

I hope you have all been watching Springwatch on BBC 2.  We have and are enjoying it immensely.  I absolutely love Chris Packham. I remember him from the Really Wild Show when he was about twenty years younger with spiky Billy Idol blond hair.  He is very funny and full of the oddest information about the birds and animals on the show.
As far as our own wildlife I would like to introduce you to our very own frog.  We have a tiny pond in our back garden but we have hundreds of tadpoles and at least seven frogs of various sizes.  I find it quite amazing that with just a little bit of effort you can bring quite a large variety of animals and birds in to your garden.
We have several bird feeders and a place for the birds to drink and we happily sit watching them whilst we drink our morning coffee.  It's our own piece of heaven on our own doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment