Tuesday 24 April 2012

Fradley Junction

It's been so long since I last posted and I've missed you all very much. I could give you all sorts of excuses but I won't bore you.  Let's move on.
Last Sunday Steve and I decided for certain that we would like to own our own narrow boat.  It has been on the cards for a while but now it's full steam ahead (pardon the pun) and we're saving like crazy.
We now regret not doing the saving first before we decided but that's life.
In a bid to get in the boating mood we set off to Fradley Junction which is near Lichfield in Staffordshire.  It is about ninety minutes from where we live in Doncaster and the weather was pretty good.

Believe it or not it was quite busy whilst we were there with boats moving from one canal to the other.
Fradley Junction is the meeting point of the Trent and Mersey canal and the Coventry canal.
There's something very special about canals and boats that I can't quite put in to words but if you've ever had a holiday on one you'll know exactly what I mean.  I have yet to meet anyone who hasn't enjoyed themselves whilst messing about in boats.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little fellow.  Isn't he cute?
There was an extremely cosy pub too.  We don't usually bother as we prefer to use the daylight hours being outside but on this occasion we popped in for a swift half.  The meals looked tasty and the beer was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to take the plunge with the narrow boat then? Exciting news. Nice to see you blogging again :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete