Thursday 13 September 2012

Creake Abbey


Whilst away we decided to visit Creake Abbey.  I can't remember if it was the Abbey or the little craft shops we were headed for but we spent a couple of hours there and enjoyed it greatly.

By now I'm sure that you have guessed that I have a weakness for pretty little cafes and the one there was lovely indeed.  All the crockery was Cath Kidston and the walls were wood panelled with original artwork sourced from a couple of the craft shops.
We had the full English breakfast of course and it was delicious.
The history of the Abbey

There was a little nook in the wall of the Abbey where people over the years had left prayer books, bibles and crosses.  It was quite moving and I couldn't help but wonder why these had been left and what thoughts and prayers had been in their minds at the time.  It was a very powerful experience.
I'm not really in to ruins but this place had a certain atmosphere about it which I liked.
I'm off to pick up my new contact lenses now so wish me luck.  I haven't had them before so I have to have a lesson in putting them in and taking them out.

2 comments:

  1. Liking these ruins! Where is this Abbey? Lenses aren't too bad once you've got the hang of them. I got used to them in Paris when I lost my glasses. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love traveling with you.

    ReplyDelete