Sunday 5 August 2012

Sledmere House

We decided to escape Olympic mania and have a trip to Sledmere House.
As the weather was so nice we didn't go inside and decided to have a lovely walk around the gardens instead.
The church wasn't open to the public but it looked beautiful.
I absolutely love the cottage garden look. I'm determined to do ours like this one day.
Walled Garden
There was a very old traditional greenhouse which was sat beside the big modern one.  The old one had such wonderful character.
I find it amazing that no matter how bad the weather, nature always catches up in the end.
The Sweet Peas looked great unlike mine which have now gone over.  They caught green fly unfortunately.
Summer House
Etoile De Hollande - Highly perfumed climbing rose
I seem to duplicate my photos sometimes and I apologise but we really like visiting stately homes and their gardens and I hope you enjoy visiting them with us.
Have a great evening.  Don't stay up too late watching the Olympics.




1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures Paula. It looks like you had a lovely break.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete