Sunday 14 October 2012

Burnt Offerings

As you know I now have Fridays off work and in a bid to make this Friday as enjoyable and worthwhile as possible I made sure I did a little bit of baking.
I have been meaning to bake from my new book for some time but have never got round to it.
I absolutely love Jane Brocket whose blog Yarnstorm is featured in my favourite blog list.  I have been reading this since before she started publishing her books and have since bought them all.  The photographs are beautiful even if you don't make any of the recipes, knit any of the projects or sew any of her quilts.  She certainly knows a lot about all of these subjects and has a book about each and more besides.
Anyway I decided to make the banana bread which was so easy to do.
I popped it in the oven at the temperature stated and for the time recommended, and hey presto!
Not half as pretty as the picture and rather singed at the edges but beautifully moist and delicious to eat.  I
will make this again but will keep a careful eye on it next time.


2 comments:

  1. I love banana bread! What you can do to stop it from catching is make like a parchment paper hat for it. But make sure it won't blow off in the oven if you have fan assisted. I've done that for my Mary Berry banana breads. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book lovely wonderful and I'm sure your cake was delicious too. Banana bread is one of my favourites.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your baking adventures from the book.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete