Sunday 13 May 2012

Poppy Seed Cake

I was wondering what to blog about today and got to thinking about why I blog.
I really just found the whole concept of being able to connect with people all over the world mind blowing.  I also wanted to share my recipes and talk about my passion for making things, in particular knitting.
Over the last year or so I think I have pretty much kept to that mission, throwing in a few outside excursions for good measure.
I must admit that I have struggled sometimes to keep things interesting but I hope that you have enjoyed popping in.  Any how today I thought I'd give you a treat and let you in to my secret recipe vault.


This little offering is an absolutely delicious super easy loaf tin cake.  Everything is thrown in to a bowl, mixed until smooth and popped in to the oven at 160 to 165 degrees C, gas mark 3 for about 45 minutes.  The following ingredients will fill two loaf tins but you can always half them. I don't bother lining the tin as mine is still non stick however please feel free to do so if you think you might leave the bottom of your cake behind when it is turned out.  Do check the cake after about 35 minutes and pop a bit of baking parchment or greaseproof paper over the top if you think it is browning too quickly.

Ingredients
14oz Self Raising Flour
16oz Sugar
1 & a half teaspoons of Salt
3 teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
1 & a half teaspoons of Baking Powder
Half a pint of Milk
Half a pint of Sunflower Oil
1 & a half teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
1 & a half teaspoons of Almond Essence
3 Eggs

The icing is made by mixing a couple of tablespoons of icing sugar with a little bit of lemon juice or water.

P.S. The wool in the background is Cotton On by James C Brett and can be found in my new eBay shop called Needlecraft Corner.

1 comment:

  1. Cake looks amazing! I'm sure Joe will eat a lot of that!

    ReplyDelete