Monday 12 June 2023

Busy but not really.

Crikey it is so hot here in Barnard Castle. I've had 2 days off work but the weather has meant that we just couldn't be bothered to go anywhere. It's funny really as even though we feel that, we still managed to go out for coffee and had a stroll round the castle in town. I even bought a bottle of cherry brandy in the gift shop which was half price, maybe a few days past it's self by date but hey who cares?





We did a little bit of gardening and I am so happy to show you my cyan printing masterpiece. This was so easy to do using a Love to Print kit which had the special chemicals and full instructions as to what to do. 




I picked interesting leaves, flowers and grasses out of the garden and hey presto. I love the detail it produced and will definitely be giving this another go, very soon.

I've also started painting again. This is very much an on off relationship but for the moment I'm in the zone and doing a lot of abstract pieces involving pretty colours and mark making. It's very relaxing which is exactly what I need after the stress of my job.




I hope to show you lots more of what I'm getting up to in the next few weeks. We're on holiday soon so I'm looking forward to showing you some of the beautiful scenery in the Lake District. Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment