Monday 13 March 2023

A few days off

 I have been lucky enough to have 3 days off this week. Yesterday was taken up with a meeting at the Holgarth Hotel near Darlington. It's quite an impressive place, unfortunately I only saw the reception and the room we were in.



I've been a Slimming World consultant for 4 years, which I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned. I currently run 4 groups and love it. It's such a privilege to help so many people achieve their dreams. It can be quite full on particularly as I also work in a supermarket as a duty manager. 

Today has been a bit more relaxed. I find when I have a busy day I don't recover as well as I used to so I need to accept that I need to take things easy. I decided to do some cutting and sticking. I've done this for a long time as a form of discovery journal. 


I get out my old magizines and then flick through them cutting out any pictures that I love and that give me that fuzzy feeling. It can be anything from a recipe I'd like to try, a beautiful room, an item of clothing or  book that I'd like to read.  Absolutely anything that appeals to me. Then I get to sticking them in my scrapbook. I've got several full ones and I really enjoy looking through them. It's amazing how much inspiration I get and how often I use what I've discovered I like in my own home etc. It's a lovely way to fill an afternoon and I'm left with just my favourite pictures all kept safe and sound in one place for reference.



Tomorrow I'm in my Slimming World groups, working for most of the day and then back to the shop on Wednesday. There's no rest for the wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment