Saturday 4 July 2020

De-stressing with Art

My first attempt 


I’m in the throws of a period of stress in my life. This has been caused through a long bout of difficult working conditions. I work in a supermarket and also as a Slimming World consultant. So as you can imagine on the one hand I am a key worker with all that that entails plus fifteen weeks ago we had the carpet pulled from under us when our Slimming World groups were closed literally overnight due to the Corona epidemic. I then had to start running my groups virtually which was stress on a whole new level.
I am just about to complete a forty two and a half hour working week at the shop and what with a lack of sleep, nausea and absolute exhaustion I thought I’d enjoy something very simple and a very gentle attempt at abstract art. This is as abstract as I go.
All I did was paint a few lines and coloured blobs on to a piece of glass, being very careful not to cut myself and failing miserably. I then blotted the glass on to watercolour paper pressing down hard. Once the paint was transferred on to the paper the glass was removed and fine lines were painted to represent the stems. There you have it. A little watercolour meadow painting in about ten minutes.



I also couldn’t resist showing you the beautiful roses I treated myself to yesterday. They’re not quite red but not quite pink either. What I do know is that in these stressful times they have cheered me up no end as did the Barrett’s strawberry milkshake sweeties. I can’t stop eating them. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment